What this policy covers
Our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is regulated by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988. You can find more information about your privacy rights at the Privacy Commissioner's website.
What personal information we collect
We collect information from you when you register to use this site. This includes your email address and additional demographic information as provided by you on the registration form.
Please note that you are able to browse any publicly accessible sections of this website completely anonymously without signing up.
The content you create as part of your interactions with this website. These can include responses to surveys, comments on discussion forums, or any of the other engagement opportunities available here.
We collect information about your usage of the site, such as pages visited, documents downloaded, etc.
How we use the information we collect
We collect this information in order to:
- analyse and interpret it to help meet our objectives and obligations;
- communicate information to you about engagement opportunities and other initiatives; and
- respond to enquiries and otherwise engage with stakeholders.
Publicly available information
- Publicly available information is limited to your name and any comments you leave under that name in the forums or other feedback tools on Your Say Busselton.
- You can use your first name or an anonymous username if you do not want your full name attached to forum and guestbook comments, stories or questions.
- Feedback (including overall results of polls and surveys, and in some instances, quotes from forums and surveys) may be published in publicly available reports at the end of the consultation period but will not include associated usernames.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
City of Busselton will take all necessary measures to prevent unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, your personal information.
We will also ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to other individuals, institutions and authorities outside Council except if required or authorised by law or explicitly permitted by you. For example, in the event of an investigation into suspected unlawful or improper activity, a law enforcement agency or government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect the web server's records (e.g. in relation to hacking or abusive messages).
Requesting access or correcting your personal information
Subject to applicable local laws and regulations, you may have some or all of the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- to access your personal data and to rectify any inaccuracies within that personal data;
- to request for the erasure of your personal data residing with us;
- to request your personal data in portable, machine-readable format; and
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data.
If you wish to contact us to with a request relating to personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details set out below including your name and contact details. We may need to verify your identity before providing you with your personal information.
In some cases, we may be unable to provide you with access to all of your personal information and where this occurs, we will explain why. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information within a reasonable timeframe.